Popular This Week
- Canada is ready to open the door wide to legal marijuana
- Police: Man shot at police while driving with 3-year-old
- Washington County nuclear site reactor core raised
- Atlantic City gaming: Are new casinos helping or hurting city's gambling market?
- Hairy times ahead for police participating in charity event
Do you think Bristol has the right to claim to be the birthplace of bluegrass in addition to its designation as the birthplace of country music?
Tim Stafford, a member of the bluegrass band Blue Highway, suggested during the Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion that the Twin City should take on another moniker to celebrate its place in bluegrass history. Bristol has long been in the background of the formation of bluegrass, was home to the popular and influential "The Farm and Fun Time Show" and has been home to a number of bluegrass musicians.