• Welcome!
    |
    ||
    Logout|My Dashboard
  • Contests
  • Advertise
  • Submit News
  • Submit Photos
  • Subscribe
  • Today's Paper

Tennessee fan dies in Talladega campground - HeraldCourier.com: News

Tennessee fan dies in Talladega campground

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2013 3:56 pm | Updated: 3:57 pm, Sun Oct 20, 2013.

TALLADEGA, Ala. (AP) — Talladega County authorities say a suspected carbon monoxide leak has killed a Tennessee man who was camping out for a NASCAR race.

Sheriff Jimmy Kilgore says friends of the man and his wife found the couple unresponsive inside their motor home at the Talladega Superspeedway on Saturday afternoon.

Deputy Coroner Larry Seals says the couple was likely using a gas stove for heat and there was a problem with the generator's exhaust system. Authorities found the man dead when they arrived, and his wife has been hospitalized in Birmingham. The man's identity has not yet been released.

The man is at least the second racing fan to die while camping out near the track this year.

In early May a Georgia man accidentally drowned in a creek near the track.

© 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Follow us on Facebook